"Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.” - Coco Chanel

Tuesday 19 October 2010

Designer vs High Street

After buying a lovely little vintage aviator style leather jacket a few years ago I was glad to see the return of this trend for Autumn/Winter.

I've been coveting these Burberry Aviation style boots ever since I saw the photos of Caroline Sieber wearing them to the Burberry show at London Fashion Week recently. I love the fact that they can be worn with multidues of different items and I really could wear them now! Unfortunately the £695 price tag is slightly out of my budget at the minute.. so instead I've just ordered these little babies from ASOS.

I admit they are completely inferior compared to the gorgeous leather buckled beauties from Burberry.. but at £55 I really can't complain, we are in a recession after all..


Photo from net-a-porter

Photo from asos

4 comments:

  1. I adore the aviator style and am currently looking for a jacket, however everyone I spot seems to be well out of my price range :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love designer clothes...what lady doesn't? However despite loving the Burberry Aviation style shoes shown above I feel the price tag isn't worth it! When I buy a designer peice I want it to be classic so I can wear it again and again! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully you will find something soon Sarah - Republic have one at about £55 at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree with you Jennine! :-)

    ReplyDelete