"Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.” - Coco Chanel

Monday 1 November 2010

Winter's-a-Comin'

Over the last week, it would seem that the temperature has seriously dropped! This leaves me longing for a few things: the warmth of my cosy feather pillows and duvet, a mug of hot chocolate.. but most of all it leaves me with a burning desire to go shopping for winter clothing.

For me, the best thing about winter is the clothes! There's nothing better than chunky knits, leather boots and luxurious coats.

I spent a while on the asos and topshop websites, picking out items I liked, but I just kept coming back to chunky knitted sweaters!

As mentioned in my previous post, I recently paid a visit to Edinburgh's Grassmarket. This was mainly in pursuit of some seriously old fashioned knitted sweaters - which I have become rather obssessed with of late. Trying to avoid Topshop's range of knitwear, and at the risk of walking through uni and spotting everyone wearing the same jumper - I opted to go vintage.

So, after roughly 10 minutes in Armstrong's I walked out with 2 (what I think are) great finds. The first item I picked up was a lovely little cream lambswool sweater adorned with cream sequins, for a complete bargain price of £24, and then this massive oversized blue chunky knit sweater from the 80's, priced at £14. I absolutely love them both - I'm glad I went vintage :-)


6 comments:

  1. I agree theres nothing better than a snuggly sweater when its frosty outside, ur purchases are great...think I will visit those vintage stores when I am in Edinburgh next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vintage is where it's at! Lovin' the sweaters - gonna need them up north during the winter! Top purchases, and definitely better than being caught on campus wearing the same thing as somebody else... heaven forbid! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jane - hopefully you will make it through to the shops when you are in Edinburgh! Let me know if you find any fab purchases :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom - you know me so well, wouldn't it be a travesty?! :-p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute knits!~I feel the twin set and pearls making a comeback!

    Also I love these for winter~ http://www.modcloth.com/store/ModCloth/Womens/Accessories/Howl+to+Stay+Warm+Hood
    meow! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Ruby, do you have any other cool vintage clothes you could share with us? What about some nice vintage dresses? Ta!

    ReplyDelete